Happened to me when i update Ubuntu kernel and did a reboot to the guest / vm. Basically it didnt start and was halted. Had no access using Xen Center, with the error message below.
…. xen Unix.Unix_error(63, “connect”, “”)
So basically log in into xen console / ssh. Just do
xe vm-reset-powerstate uuid=28250839-fdf2-0324-d6bc-7137258a593b force=true
xe vm-start uuid=28250839-fdf2-0324-d6bc-7137258a593b
This method should also work for the following error messages from your xen console:
- Error Connection refused (calling connect )
- Error Failed to find a valid default SR for the Pool. Please provide an sr-name-label or sr-uuid parameter.
- xe pool-param-set uuid=<tab> default-SR=<tab>
- The SR operation cannot be performed because a device underlying the SR is in use by the host.
- In my case a vgremove of the unwanted VG was enougth.