Self Cleaning Clothing With Hydrophobic Nanotechnology. Ultra Soft, Breathable Fabric That Stops Stains From Sweat And Drink
AVAILABLE IN BLACK OR WHITE!
YES THE SHIRT IS SOFT AND VERY BREATHABLE, YOUR SWEAT WILL EVAPORATE INTO THE AIR INSTEAD OF INTO THE SHIRT!
We believe in delivering the best product possible. How?
1) We are partnering with a former designer from the Vera Wang Collection to bring you designer clothing at a reasonable price.
2) Our production facility is based right in Silicon Valley and has worked directly with Nike and Levis.
3) We worked along side the world’s leading textile technology company to allocate the best hydrophobic nanotechnology on the market.
Sped Up Spill Shots:
Why Do You Need This?
Throughout the day, our clothes are exposed to numerous things that can damage them. The biggest risk factors are the things we eat and drink. Ever spilled wine or dropped food on your clothes and had to change your entire outfit? SILIC is determined to help you stay clean.
Features of the SILIC Shirt
1.) The Design: We spent countless hours creating a design that screams confidence but remains simple. Our patterns enhance any figures torso which gives you a bold look. We need your help to bring our concept to reality. The final colors will be black and white.
2.) Hydrophobic Fabric: The fabric has a nanotechnology bonded to the fibers on the microscopic level. Most liquid molecules will not be able to touch the fabric because of a microscopic layer of air that forms between the liquid and fabric. This is because the fabric is layered with billions of silica particles. Water based liquids will form a 150 degree sphere and roll right off! As a result, this barrier protects your shirt from potential accidents.
3.) Safe Application Process : Unlike other hydrophobic nanotechnology application processes out there, ours is not cancerous. Our number one goal besides your satisfaction is your safety.
4.) Washable: Unlike other hydrophobic technologies that wash away after one cycle, our shirts are fully machine and hand washable. They will retain their properties up to 80 wash cycles.
Size Chart For Black or White Silic Shirt
How to Wash My Shirt?
Do not use fabric softener Machine wash, cold Line dry
Do not bleach
Wash with like colors
Do not iron
Do not dry clean
To reactivate water repellency, tumble dry, normal, low heat at least every three washes.
Where We Are
- Our prototypes have been tested to meet our requirements and the finished fabric is ready to be cut and sewn. We need to meet all the minimums to order this fabric and that is where your pledges help.
- We have our concepts ready to give our contract designers who will create a finished pattern.
- Our supplier has ensured us they will have the fabrics we need when the time comes to order. It will be a six week process of manufacture and deliver the fabric.
- Our manufacturer is based right here in Silicon Valley and is ready to take on our project as soon as we get our orders ready. They have tested the fabrics and are now just waiting for our patterns and desired quantity.
Spread the word!
Risks and challenges Learn about accountability on Kickstarter
This isn’t our first Kickstarter project. We’ve been through it all of it before…
From our last product we launched on Kickstarter, we learned a whole lot about apparel manufacturing and the problems that can arise. This time we are ready to execute fast and accurately by avoiding common mistakes people make when they go into production.
In our case, delivering on time is going to be the biggest risk. We never know when a order is going to be delayed because the size of the order and at this point it is unpredictable. Right now our delivery date has given us a lot of extra time to overcome any problems but still we will never know what might happen. The best way we can overcome these issues if they arise is to keep you updated on what is going on.
The technology itself has already been created and tested. There is no further testing we need to do. We do need to spend time on finalizing a pattern and our designers ready to get going as soon as we get sufficient funding.
On our end we need to source all the raw materials, run production, and ship out. Again, timing is our biggest risk and challenge.