My respect goes to President Obama on handling the asian heckler during his immigration reform speech. Again, something that Singapore is far being from having respectable leaders who would be open to differing voices and handling as good as what President Obama just did. In Singapore, he would probably be sent away, without trial and silenced – yet we all openly claimed that Singapore has democracy.
So dear leaders in Singapore, something that you should reflect yourselves, come 2016, my votes goes to a true future Singaporean leader that will uphold the Singaporean pledge –
- We, the citizens of Singapore,
- pledge ourselves as one united people,
- regardless of race, language or religion,
- to build a democratic society
- based on justice and equality
- so as to achieve happiness, prosperity and
- progress for our nation.