I noticed that my Firefox browser Update 25 plugins and addons are not working as per normal (even though it is partially working for most), noticeably Ghostery and Dwhelper plugin which i used quite often. Well this is definitely due to the Firefox 25.0 update and below is a quick fix for everyone.
Windows Media or other plugins stopped working after Firefox update
Some plugins that are no longer maintained, like the Windows Media plugin, have their files installed in a place that Firefox no longer supports. This causes the plugin to stop working. We’ll explain how to make these plugins work again.
Change a Firefox setting to turn these plugins back on
- In the Location bar, type about:config and press Enter.
- The about:config “This might void your warranty!” warning page may appear. Click I’ll be careful, I promise! to continue to the about:config page.
- Search for plugins.load_appdir_plugins
- Double-click plugins.load_appdir_plugins to change its value to true.
- At the top of the Firefox window, click on the Firefox button and then select Exit . When you restart Firefox the plugins will be enabled.